Back To School Sweepstakes 2017
SPECK® “BACK TO SCHOOL BACKPACK” SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
- Eligibility: SPECK “Back to School Backpack” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (and the District of Columbia), who are at least eighteen (18) years old as of the last day of the date of entry. Void in Guam, Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, municipal, and local laws and regulations. Employees of SPECK and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor: SPECK, 177 Bovet Road, Suite 200, San Mateo, California 94402.
- Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on August 6, 2017 at 1:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Savings Time and ends on August 26, 2017 at 11:59p.m. Pacific Daylight Savings Time. (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit www.speckproducts.com and sign up for our email list before August 26th at 11:59pm. You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
- Limit: Each participant may enter one (1) time per email address. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
- Drawings: Sponsor is an independent judging organization, whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners on a weekly basis from all eligible entries received during the applicable Weekly Entry Periods. Entry drawings will occur at or around 9 a.m. Pacific Time on August 27, 2017. All drawings will be conducted by Sponsor. The potential winners will be notified by email. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. If a potential winner cannot be contacted by September 8th, 2017 or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Promotion. Sponsor is solely responsible for fulfilling the Sweepstakes obligations set forth herein.
- Prizes: Five Prize packs will be awarded, and each prize pack will consist of 1 Grey Ruck and winners choice of 1 Presidio Clear for MacBook case, 1 Presidio Grip Phone Case and 2 packs of Whoosh Screen Cleaner (all colors for all prizes are subject to availability). The ARV for individual prizes does not exceed $220. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the applicable entry period. Limit: of one (1) prize pack per person. Total ARV of all prizes will not exceed: $1,000.
- Release: By entering, any and all winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent company, its affiliates, and each of their respective subsidiaries, suppliers, distributors, and each such company&rdsquo;s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state or province for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment, approval or consideration.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Potential Prize Winners will be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and; where legal, Publicity Release (collectively the “Affidavit”). The Affidavit must be returned to the Sponsor by the date stated in the notification email/letter or the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate potential winner. If a potential prize winner fails to timely return the required paperwork without alteration and in the form presented by Administrator, then such potential prize winner will be disqualified and forfeits all rights to be deemed a winner in the Sweepstakes and receive the prize, and an alternate potential prize winner will be notified, time permitting. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (e) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
CAUTION: ANY DELIBERATE ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. (2) any and all claims, judgements and awards shall be limited to actual out—of—pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
- Winner List: To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to SPECK Back to School Backpack Sweepstakes Winners List Request, 177 Bovet Road, Suite 200, San Mateo, CA 94402.