#iSpySpeck Contest OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY - A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
- ELIGIBILITY. #iSpySpeck Contest (“Contest”) is open to all legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age and older as the time of entry. Contest is void where prohibited by law. Employees, directors and officers of Speculative Product Design, LLC (“Speck” or “Sponsor”), its parent, affiliated and subsidiary companies, and others involved in the creation, production or execution of the Contest, and members of their respective immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children and all of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and households (whether or not related) are not eligible. No groups, clubs or organizations can participate in this Contest on behalf of the group, club or organization. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- PROMOTION PERIOD AND DESCRIPTION. The Contest begins on September 15, 2016 at 12:01a.m. Pacific Daylight Savings Time (“PDST”) and ends on October 31, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. PDST (the “Promotion Period”). At the end of the Promotion Period, a random drawing will be conducted to select one (1) prize winner from among all eligible entries received. Entry in the Contest does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. By participating in the Contest, each entrant/participant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which shall be final and binding in all respects.
- PHOTO/CONTENT GUIDELINES. Photos/Content posted on Instagram for the purposes of this Contest must adhere to the following guidelines: all entries must adhere to all guidelines and policies posted by Instagram; photos must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement; disparage Sponsor or Instagram or any of the Released Parties (defined herein); contain any brand names or other intellectual property other than that of Sponsor which participant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her photo; contain images, artwork or other copyrighted material not created by participant; contain material that is indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous (including, without limitation, depictions of nudity, sexual activity, offensive images or language, or other lewd behavior or activities); contain material inappropriate for the Contest (including, without limitation, depictions of gang signs/symbols, weapons, violence, threats of violence, alcohol, drugs, or other such inappropriate behavior or activities); contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; show license plates, phone numbers, personal addresses (physical or e-mail) or other information that could be personally identifiable of any person (whether that person is the participant or not); and contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any country (or subpart thereof) where photo is created.
- ALTERNATE METHOD OF ENTRY. You may also enter by mail, by hand printing your name, and e-mail address either on a post card or separate piece of paper (no larger than 8 ½ x 11 inches), and mailing the postcard or paper in an envelope with the photo showing a Speck case on a device or in the hands of a happy customer with the proper postage affixed to Speculative Product Design LLC, Attention Marketing (#iSpySpeck Contest), 177 Bovet Road, San Mateo, California 94402. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by October 25, 2016, and received by October 30, 2016 to be eligible. Only one entry per person.
- PRIZE: One (1) prize will be awarded. Prize consists of a trip for two (2) adults (18 years of age or older) to visit the Speck headquarters located in San Mateo, California. Trip shall consist of round trip, coach air fare for 2 from prize winner’s local U.S. airport to San Francisco International Airport, transportation to and from San Fransisco International airport to Speck’s headquarters, and reasonable hotel accommodations for 2 for 2 night(s) at approx. $400/night. Total approximate retail value of the prize is $2,500 U.S. All federal, state, and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes) attributable to the prize as well as any costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of the prize not specified herein as being awarded, are winner’s sole responsibility. No prize transfer or cash or other substitutions will be permitted, except by Sponsor, who may substitute the prize, in whole or in part, for one of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. All prize details are in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION. On or about November 1, 2016, a panel of qualified judges (the identities of whom will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion) will judge the submissions to determine the winner. The panel of qualified judges will score the submissions/entries based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
- Creativity of Submission – 40%;
- Quality of Submission (production quality, composition, etc.) - 30%; and
- Content (strong emotional appeal and impact, storyline, etc.) - 30%.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, misplaced, illegible, inaccurate, mutilated, damaged, incomplete, undelivered or delayed entries or if applicable, for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur, for any incorrect or inaccurate information, however caused, any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or any electronic, technical, printing, typographical, human or other error which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries in the Contest, the announcement of the prize or in any Contest-related materials; or for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries or for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website or on account of any combination of the foregoing. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to among other things, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part and, if terminated, at its discretion, randomly select a potential winner from among all eligible, non-suspect entries legitimately received prior to the cancellation, termination or modification. Notice of any cancellation, termination or modification will be announced at the retail store location where the entries will be collected. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to Sponsor’s use of their personal information for the purposes of administering this Contest.
- By participating, entrants agree (i) to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the Sponsor and/or judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects; (ii) to release and hold Sponsor, Instagram, and their respective parent, subsidiaries and other affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and any judging organizations, promotion administrators and others involved in the creation, production or execution of this Contest, and their respective directors, officers, agents and employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) harmless from all liability, loss, personal injury or death, or damage to reputation or of any kind attributable in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to their participation in the Contest or acceptance and/or use of the prize; and (iii) if selected as the winner, to Sponsor’s and its designees’ unrestricted use of his or her name, voice, likeness, statements, biographical information and state of residence in any and all media now or hereafter known for advertising and promotional purposes, throughout the world in perpetuity, without notice, additional compensation, credit, or right of review or approval, except where prohibited by law. Additionally winner acknowledges that it must complete and sign Declarations in order to receive the prize.
- Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify from this Contest (and any future Contest conducted by Sponsor), any individual (and void his/her entry) it finds to be tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process, the operation of the Contest, violating these Official Rules, or acting in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Entry data that has been tampered with or altered is void.
- Any promotion materials, including these Official Rules, which contain production, printing or typographical errors, or are obtained outside authorized or legitimate channels are void; and Sponsor’s liability, if any, is limited to the replacement of such materials. Recipients of such materials hereby release the Released Parties from any and all losses, claims or damages that may result therefrom. Contest materials are automatically void if they are reproduced, mutilated, forged, altered or tampered with in any way, or if they are obtained outside authorized, legitimate channels.
- In the event Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest. If the Contest is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select a winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
- IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- CAUTION: ANY DELIBERATE ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH INSTAGRAM.
- GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: This Contest, including without limitation all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules and obligations of entrants or Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance of the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state laws. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree, except where prohibited, that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and California courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Contest and that venue shall be only in San Francisco, California; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event shall there be a claim or award of attorneys’ fees or costs; and (c) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
- SPONSOR. Speculative Product Design, LLC, 177 Bovet Road, Suite 200, San Mateo, CA 94402.
- WINNER’S LIST. Name of the winner of the Contest will be posted on http://www.speckproducts.com/ispyspeck.html after November 2, 2016.
- WINNER: Adam Brooks
©2016 Speculative Product Design, LLC. All rights reserved. Entrants are hereby authorized to copy these Official Rules on the condition copying will be for the entrants personal use and not for any other commercial purpose whatsoever.